Tuesday 12 August 2014

Holiday Make-up




Eyeshadow Palette - Topshop/ Concealer - Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin in Medium/ BB Cream - Maybelline Dream Fresh BB in Medium/ Eyeliner - Seventeen 'Tattoo Me'/ Lipstick - Topshop Infrared

I know holidays are for feeling fresh faced which is my way to go through the day but I definitely couldn't live without make up for a whole week. I am all for no make up but I am equally all for glamorous.

Ordinarily I wear NARS sheer glow foundation in Deauville but anyone who has used this knows it is too heavy for holiday and also the shade would be far too pale (usually casper). 
I have been using Maybellines BB cream for the past two summers and it is perfect. It's not sticky or thick and it has SPF 30; which admittedly did not stop my face seriously burning but understandable with my translucent skin. 

I use the Topshop Eyeshadow palette for filling in my eyebrows as well as occasionally using the cream and brown shades for eyeshadow but I tend to stray from eyeshadow on holiday to keep as natural as I can. 

Seventeens 'Tattoo Me' eyeliner is a life changer. It literally will not move. I haven't tried it under water but I am almost positive it probably wouldn't come off in a monsoon. Perfect when its sweaty humid weather on holiday.

I purchased Topshop's lipstick in Infrared after reading so many good reviews about it. I was looking for an orange/red that would suit my skin tone for quite a while. Although many people have said it's quite drying I have had no issues and I am a little bit in love with this. 

Also I purchased Maybelline's SuperStay Better Skin concealer based on some good reviews and blogs about this new product. Admittedly I will love this in winter because of it's serious high coverage but I'm disappointed with the lack of colour choice. I chose Medium so I could use this when I got a tan but the difference between the lighter and medium shades are ridiculous! It is also way too high coverage concealer for holidays but it'll be great when I can use the paler shade in winter. 

Make up recommendations?