Thursday 3 April 2014

IN MY MAKE UP BAG

I wanted to do my first beauty post basically on the products I currently have in my make up bag(s).

I had to narrow this down quite a lot or I would have been taking pictures for hours and it's only since doing this blog I have realised I have an insane amount of lipsticks and I literally had to chose my favourite few! I don't really buy my make up based on my personal favourites, I get different brands almost every time I run out of anything, really just because I'm on a mission to find the best ones for me really.

I like to mix premium brands with high street brands but as I said, I still haven't found my perfect make up combination and the only thing I absolutely swear by is my MAC gel eyeliner, which I haven't changed since being around the age of 16.




These are a minimal part of my unnecessarily large collection which is probably crying out for some organisation but these are definitely my most used tools to stop me looking like Quasimodo.




Currently I have been using the Maybelline dream matte mousse in colour 21 Nude, I have only been using this around 6 weeks and I'm still unsure about it. It is a really nice coverage but unfortunately doesn't battle through my university lectures with me. It would probably be more effective for someone who wasn't totally restless but unfortunately equity and trusts isn't the most thrilling subject.

I've been using the MAC mineralise powder for around a year now and I absolutely love it! It isn't cakey like most powders and looks really natural providing not too much is used. I am practically translucent but was matched to the colour medium so I think the colouring runs light, or I've mysteriously gained a tan?

My bronzing pearls are No. 7, I only really use this when I go out for meals or to a bar or club and I haven't had many dealings with bronzers so I'm not sure I have much to compare this to but it's a really nice colour avoiding the extreme tan look.



I'm not sure why I have so many mascaras as I either wear false lashes on a daily basis or no make up at all if I'm not leaving the house but these are my favourite five!

I mostly base my mascara purchases on the brush rather than what it claims to do, I absolutely love the LancĂ´me brush and mascara, it's a lot more natural than the others but the Miss Manga is the best for massive lush eyelashes.



I've had my MAC make up brushes a couple of years now and after a wash every couple of weeks, they're still like brand new. I really need to invest in a new powder brush but I just haven't got around to it but the No.7 powder brush is a good one, it's just a nightmare to clean which would put me off buying it again.







These are my miscellaneous items, I use a No.7 concealer which is quite new to the range but it is a really good cover stick. A lot of concealers I have tried are a little powdery or difficult to apply but this is really smooth and has really good staying power.

The red tube is my heated Minnie mouse eyelash curler that I received for Christmas and it is honestly amazing (don't let the Minnie mouse kid you).

I have only tried the Topshop glow highlighter and haven't yet used it in my make up regime but I have only had it a few days but from what I've tried it's a nice amount of shimmer.

I probably have too much make up for one face but I'll get there in the end when I find my perfect combination.