Tuesday 1 April 2014

MOTHERS DAY

Mothers Day was celebrated on Saturday for me and my mum so we could really enjoy our planned cocktail night.

I almost always end up buying my mum a really sweet usual mothers day card and end up seeing something hilarious that fits her in our household perfectly!







I'm only just getting back into taking photographs so excuse some of these poor quality ones as many were taken on my iPhone whilst I get used to my DSLR again!


[Jacket - Topshop; Top - Custom; Trousers - Boohoo; Shoes - Kurt Geiger; Bag - Topshop]


Manchester is mine and my mums favourite place (hence the university choice) so we left late afternoon for a couple of hours shopping, which is always a mistake on my part as I buy something every time I'm near shops.

Mum had the intention of buying a new summer wardrobe for her holiday in May but came back with nothing. I had the intention of buying nothing because like all other students, I'm living off student loans and part time wages. However... oops.


Bag - River Island; Nail Varnish - Topshop Matte in Two-timing; Highlighter - Topshop Glow in Polish; Sandals - Primark

I was definitely not coming back with nothing. I have been lusting after the lemon bag for a while now since one of my favourite bloggers The Londoner posted this instagram photo. When I saw the 4 on the shelf drop to just one in an hour I had to buy it and now it will definitely be one of my wardrobe staples. I have already had loads of compliments on this and I have only used it once to my step-mums mothers day meal and posted the above picture on my instagram.




I have been meaning to buy a cheek/brow/face highlighter for summer and after reading many blog posts recommending this Topshop one, and also the great reviews on the actual website, I decided for £9 it was worth a try but it'll still likely become part of my rarely used items of make up as most things do




These sandals were bought on a whim, I had no intention to buy sandals in March but they were a steal from Primark for just £8! I have never shopped in Primark before so this was a first for me, I am not a great shopper so I gave up on the crowds in the clothing section very quickly. Fortunately I've got a terrible fetish for accessories and this area was empty, I saw these and thought they would be perfect for the beach rather than destroying my night sandals as I usually do. 





We started off at a small bar called 'The Living Room' which I didn't manage to get any pictures of but it also has a sweet little restaurant at the back and is filled with business people but is brilliant for a casual drink. Although strangely enough, it has bouncers on the doors during the day... who knows? 
We then went to one of my favourite bars in Manchester called 'Grand Pacific'. This is attached to an amazing restaurant called Australasia. My favourite cocktail is called the Honey and Kiwi Crush, I'm not sure exactly what is in it but like any other northerner, I don't ask, I drink.






Grand Pacific is ALWAYS followed by The Alchemist which is hands down the best bar in Manchester, although it is tiny it has the most amazing and magical cocktails. When I say magical I mean smoking cocktails, drinks in potion bottles and colour changing cocktails!









We ended up in Zinc Bar which is a bar and restaurant and one of my favourites where I have built up quite the number of points on my rewards card (free meals galore).




I then destroyed my months healthy eating with one of the best burgers I have ever eaten



Mum went for the haddock risotto with poached egg which she let me snap at but unfortunately, is too camera shy to be on my phone let alone my blog!



I am not an ice cream lover at all, which most people find absolutely horrifying (sorry to my italian half) but Malteasers ice cream is a whole different ballgame.



Hope everyone else had a lovely Mothers Day!