Monday 14 April 2014

SOUTH LAKES

I had a really packed week last week (I should have been revising, oops!) and one of my to do list for the summer was to go to South Lakes wild animal park! It's a really cute place that does a lot for conservation and care of animals in the wild and they pretty much let the animals run wild so you find yourself being followed by monkeys, lemurs, goats and penguins.


It's in the countryside of the Lake District which is a beautiful place on a nice day but not great to drive around, the roads are so small a car barely fits down never mind two! Thankfully it was really sunny and we (I) had plenty of BeyoncĂ© to sing along to (Sorry Connor).





 Just sunning myself...





They've tried to make it look as much like their natural habitats as they can too which I thought was amazing, which is why it probably doesn't look as nice as zoos.





I have a MASSIVE soft spot for penguins, Connor ended up buying me a stuffed toy penguin to take home because I honestly love them so when given the chance to feed them, I was definitely taking it whether I had to hold dead fish or not.




I'd definitely recommend a visit over the summer months!